Translate

Monday, May 20, 2013

Mini Blog Challenge - Solve A Problem

Have You Ever Resolved To Eat Healthier?
 

Google Image
 

At the beginning of the year, did you resolve to eat healthier? Perhaps, you started off pretty good. Maybe, you loaded your grocery cart with an abundance of fresh fruits and vegetables - only to throw them away after you realized that you were growing some type of science experiment in your refrigerator! (HA! HA!) That probably happened because you had a plan, but you didn't have a process. Today, I will share with you just 5 simple steps to adding more fruit and vegetables to your diet!

Plan - Incorporate more fruit and vegetables into each meal.

Process - 1) When you go to the grocery store, decide on one fruit/ vegetable that you are sure to eat between grocery visits. Dice, slice or chop that fruit and place it in ziploc bags or small containers. Place them in the fridge so that you can have easy access to them.
2) Eliminate at least one of your usual processed snacks. Simply put - DON'T BUY IT! Replace it with the fruit(s)/vegetable(s)
3) Experiment with various yogurts and dips. Dipping fruit and veggies into dressings, sauces or yogurts is a good way to start eating more of them. This tip is also helpful in encouraging kids to eat more of the good stuff!
4) Include at least one serving of fruit/vegetable with every meal. The more the better!
5) Each week, add another fresh fruit/vegetable to your grocery cart.
Remember the goal is to eat FRESH - as much as possible! Steer away from only eating canned and frozen fruit/ vegetables.

YOU CAN DO IT!


 






18 comments:

  1. Word per word you just desribed my household. We would throw away ungodly amounts of fruits and veggies. We'd buy them with the best of intentions then NEVER use them. How embarrasing. Thank you SO much for this post. Those are great ideas. Here from Rx Fitness Lady's MBCP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking time to read the post, and I hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very simple baby steps to get started. That's the secret to success. Make small changes toward a healthier diet. #MBC Thanks for linking up Trinity. Try deleting the link and resubmitting your picture with link and do it from a computer of laptop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to be a part of this link-up. I did try that, but I was unable to delete the link.

      Delete
  4. I just threw away white grapes that are brown because they ask for them and don't eat them. I so dislike wasting food. I do try to make sure I purchase veggies & fruit every trip to the grocery store though. Visiting from #mbc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about those grapes. Maybe, next time, you could buy a smaller amount. Hope that helps, and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. These are really good tips Trinity. If I don't wash, chop and prepare our fruits and vegetable, they go bad. It's so much easier to eat them when you can just grab and go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, I especially like chopping my apples and sprinkling them with fresh lemon or lime juice which helps them not to turn brown. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  6. I struggle with this. I always have the best of intentions and end up failing miserably. I will try to follow these rules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember to start off small and gradually build up. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  7. Great pratical tips Trinity on incorporating more fuit and vegetables into your diet and gradually building on your intake. Thanks for sharing.

    Stopping over from #MBC

    Fitnessbuster supporting you in improving your fitness and nutrition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, and have a blessed week!

      Delete
  8. Definitely some good tips. I love having my fresh veggies bagged and ready to go for lunches at work. But my biggest issue with fresh produce is the cost. We routinely spend $50 - $80 on just produce in a week, and very little of it is actually going to waste. Now I find that we’re all bored of the same vegetables. Any tips for changing it up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try replacing one familiar vegetable with something new. Many stores carry small bagged vegetables and fruit that are already pre-chopped. With the amount that you are already spending, it sounds as if you are making a very healthy investment into your family's overall health.

      Delete
  9. I'm jumping up and down with excitement Trinity! (Yes, I'm strange that way)You break this down in such an easy to follow way. We can make changing our diet hard, but it doesn't have to be that way. One thing I did have to overcome is throwing out food. Fresh food does not last for a month. That is true. I now shop for a week at a time and understand that sometimes I will throw out food that goes bad quickly. The longer the shelf life.........the shorter mine.............they say. I'm OK with food going bad quickly if I get to most of it. I certainly didn't have a problem with throwing out cold fries at the fast food restaurants. Thanks again for linking up with Get Fit Friday. You are so inspiring. I'm so glad you are part of the Get Fit family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like what you said about " The longer the shelf life.........the shorter mine....." That is so true. I remind myself and my family all of the time that if it can last a long time on the shelf then it is probably full of preservatives. Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a great way to incorporate more fruits and veggies! I read on one site that another thing people can do is put them on the top shelf of the refrigerator! I forgot about the fact that we tend to put them in the drawers in the fridge...it's like out of side of out mind. But you bring up an even better point. People should stop buying the processed food so they won't even have access to it to have the temptation! Thank you for always linking up with us! I just love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Putting them on the top shelf seems like a good idea! Thanks for sharing that tip.

      Delete

I appreciate your visits. I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Be blessed!