Translate

Monday, May 27, 2013

Meatless Monday #13

This veggie breakfast sausage was pretty tasty.  On a scale of (1-5), I would rate it a (4).  It was filling and satisfying.  The texture was about the same as any other sausage.  It was a great compliment to my grits and cheese toast sandwich.   (I added grape jam to the sandwich!) 

 
I will definitely buy this meatless sausage again!

 
Fruit Bowl
(fresh chopped peaches and cantaloupe)

Fresh Salad
(chopped celery, sliced sweet red peppers, diced tomatoes, carrots, chives over a bed of curly kale and iceberg lettuce)

 
topped with a chopped Gala apple


 
plus dressing and flaxseeds

6 comments:

  1. mmmmmmm! the salad especially looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very delicious. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the meatless inspiration. Thanks so much for sharing this with us Trinity. Do you grind your flax seed or eat them whole? I've never thought about putting them on a salad. What a great idea! My Dad grinds his flax seed in his morning smoothie. Wait till I tell him he can put them on his salad too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use two different flax seeds - ground flaxseed by Spectrum (I use this one mostly for salads and oatmeal) and cold milled pre-ground flaxseed by Golden Omega. The cold milled flaxseed is a finer texture, and I add it to cornbread mix and smoothies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Veggie sausage huh? I've never heard of it! I gave up red meat and pork so I've been eating these tasty lean turkey sausages instead. They taste similar to the pork ones that I would have missed so much! Thanks so much for sharing and thank you for linking up to both of my blog hops! I hope you are enjoying your week! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brittnei,
      When I started to eat better, I learned that there are all kinds of meat alternatives. Some are better than others. When my family is eating pork sausage, I sometimes eat the Morningstar veggie sausage. On days when I am not going meatless, I will enjoy turkey sausage. I gave up pork over 19 years ago. I've enjoyed being a part of your blog hops. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

I appreciate your visits. I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Be blessed!