Translate

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Integrity

Do the businesses that you patronize walk in integrity?  I value good customer service which is one of the reasons that I prefer online shopping over in-store shopping (I realize that some online businesses are rip-offs.  You must do your homework.)  As a whole, online shopping allows the consumer the opportunity to avoid the pitiful customer service that is often associated with some businesses.  Three brick and mortar businesses that consistently provide excellent customer service are Chik-Fil-A, Publix and Starbucks.  (I am talking about my own personal experiences with these businesses.)
Tips to Consider Prior to Making a Purchase

  1. Before purchasing goods and services, check out the company’s exchange/return policies.  Unfortunately, I have purchased items that I was unhappy with (for one reason or another) that I could not return.  If I had carefully read the exchange/return policy, this could have been avoided.  
  2. Read reviews.  (Have an open-mind when reading reviews.  Read the pros and the cons.  Then choose wisely!)
  3. Check out the customer service.  Do they respond to calls, emails, texts?  Do they do their best to please the customer? OR, Do they refuse to acknowledge calls, emails, texts once they’ve gotten your money? (Reviewers often point out bad customer service.)

How To Avoid Doing Business with a Company that does NOT walk in Integrity
  1. Try not to buy on impulse.
  2. Try not to be pressured into making a purchase.  This is especially important when passing by a kiosk in the mall during the holidays.  Remember that the sales rep at the kiosk has been well-trained to make a sale.  And, there is usually something at the kiosk that grabs your attention.  Before making the purchase, ask questions:

  • How long will you be here?
  • Will you be here tomorrow?
  • How long does this deal last? (The sales rep will more than likely try to convince you that it's now or never.)
  • What if I'm unhappy with the product/service?
  • Can I purchase online?  If the sales representative is unsure or you are still hesitant about the purchase after asking questions, keep your money in your pocket!
    
Finally, integrity goes a long way.  Certain brands are known for their integrity.  They stand behind their product or service.  We often make repeat purchases because of a brand’s quality.  On the other hand, if you’ve been burned by a brand, it is very difficult for anyone to convince you to repurchase that good or that service ever again.

Food for Thought
Every cheap deal is not a bad deal and every expensive deal is not a good deal!


2 comments:

  1. Publix is the grocery store where we shop. I love the customer service and I also enjoy Chick Fil-A. Integrity goes a long way and that's what I look at more than anything these days.

    I ordered from Sally Beauty a few months ago and I received all products except for one. The invoice said the other product would be shipped later. Well, I never received it and I had thrown away my invoice, and deleted emails, so I had no record of it. That was my first time and last time ordering from Sally online.

    Take care, my friend an have a good evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you had that experience with Sally's. That is very disappointing when you are anticipating a product.
      Experiences like that have a way of making you very skeptical about online purchases. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

I appreciate your visits. I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Be blessed!