Translate

Monday, March 4, 2013

Meatless Monday! - #1






On this Meatless Monday, I will be eating a vegetable, rice soup - one of the many soup recipes that I created!
Ingredients
1 can of Campbell's Cream of Potato Soup

1 cup of mixed carrots and peas

1 cup of corn

1 cup of chopped (canned) mushrooms

1/2 cup of fresh chopped celery

1/8 cup fresh chopped red sweet peppers

1 cup of brown rice
Season to taste with the following:
celery salt

cayenne pepper

creole seasoning

curry powder

basil

dried chives

garlic powder

Puree the cream of potato with a cup of water.  Add about an 1/8 teaspoon of olive oil to a stock pot and heat.  Pour cream of potato into pot. Turn on low heat.  After rinsing vegetables, add to pot along with chopped celery and peppers.   Add seasonings and allow to simmer on low heat.  After soup simmers for 1/2 an hour, add in cooked rice and allow to cook for another 1/2 hour.  Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. That looks delicious AND simple Trinity....my two favorite things in a recipe! ;-) I'll have to try it...thanks for sharing it! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this looks amazing! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love soup! This sounds delicious!!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings to you ~ Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks delish! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from Doing Well Blog Hop. You have a beautiful blog.
    I am now following you on GFC. It will be fun getting to know you.

    http://agutandabutt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks yummy!
    http://fashionwithfitness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visits. I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Be blessed!