Translate

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Doing You Well Wednesday #7


My Weeklong Meatless Challenge

Since the spring of 2012, I have been studying the benefits of eating a plant-based diet. Since then, I have also incorporated a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables into my diet. From time to time, I have gone on meatless challenges.

* Typically, I go without meat once a week.

* However, there are times when I choose to 
   go the entire week minus meat. This week is
    one of those weeks.

Some of the benefits of incorporating more fruits and vegetables that I've noticed:
* more energy,

* better mood,

* decrease in PMS (less cramping and bloating),

* I feel better!
Do I still enjoy a tasty burger every now and then? Yep!

Do I still enjoy succulent fried chicken from time to time? Yep!

Why? Because, I choose not to be in bondage to anything. Moderation is the key.

I am not a doctor or other health care practitioner - just a child of God trying to be the best me that I can be.


 
1 Corinthians 6:12 Amplified Bible (AMP)

12 Everything is permissible (allowable and lawful) for me; but not all things are helpful (good for me to do, expedient and profitable when considered with other things). Everything is lawful for me, but I will not become the slave of anything or be brought under its power.

4 comments:

  1. The way you prioritize health is very inspiring! I will have to remember that verse in Corinthians and apply it to my never-ending temptation to Dr. Pepper and Taco Bueno.

    XOXO,
    Meredith

    P.S. Thanks for stopping by my blog and complimenting my mirror. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree, moderation is the key!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you! Moderation! I am learning that in my life, too. Bless you, sweet girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. We eat meat free at least one a week also :) I was a vegetarian for years, but my husband is a huge meat eater, so we compromise!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visits. I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Be blessed!