Translate

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Stay On The Wall!

Some of you started 2011 with precise goals in mind and fervor to accomplish each task; However, as January has come to an end, and February has begun, you find your fervor dwindling with the passing of each day. Perhaps, you have begun to doubt whether you will ever accomplish the things that you planned to do. What you must understand is that most meaningful things take time and that even Rome was not built in a day. Don't lose your focus.

I'm reminded of a story about a man who was doing a great work- rebuilding the walls of Jerusalem that had been destroyed by the enemy (in the book of Nehemiah). When his enemies heard about his work, they tried to distract him and to coerce him into stopping his work. This man, Nehemiah, refused to stop his assignment. As a matter of fact, he told his enemies, " I am doing a great work and cannot come down. Why should the work stop while I leave to come down to you? " (Nehemiah 6:3)

If you are at this point, I encourage you to not abandon the good work that you have started. I encourage you to "Stay on the wall"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visits. I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Be blessed!