Translate

Monday, March 11, 2013

Meatless Monday #2


Broccoli - Potato Soup

3 cups of fresh broccoli
1 diced potato
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 can of cream of celery soup
1/2 tsp. dill weed
1 tsp. of chives
1/4 tsp. of celery salt

Wash and drain broccoli.  Place in blender along with cream of celery.  Add about a cup of water and puree until smooth.  Melt 1 tsp. of olive oil or margarine in stockpot. Pour puree mixture into stockpot and simmer for 30 minutes.  Add diced potato, chopped bell peppers, celery, 1/2 tsp. butter or margarine and a cup of water to  another  (small) pot and allow it to come to a boil.  After it boils, turn stovetop off.  Cover and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.  Pour potato mixture into pot with broccoli soup.  Season to taste and allow soup to simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.  Garnish with chives.
 
Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Trinity! This looks good. I'm with you on going meatless once a week. I've never tried an entire week but the benefits you've posted have me intrigued. I love eating veggie plates. I would agree with the moderation is key point you made as well. If I'm successful, I'll check in and let you know how it went.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Trinity! This looks so good! Since I'm a "cheesaholic", I'm putting a half bag of sharp shredded cheese on mine...don't mean to gross you out, lol! Thanks for sharing your recipe. Have a lovely week lady! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This meal looks yummy. Thanks for sharing on Creative Monday. Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visits. I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Be blessed!