Translate

Thursday, December 31, 2020

Envision

  If you are like me, the past twelve months have revealed so much - about people, about ideologies and about systems. Needless to say, it has been an eye opening experience - revealing many disheartening things that have wreaked havoc on our intellect and on our spirit man. As a result, many of us have over-indulged in comforting foods that have caused unwelcomed weight gain and created imbalances in our physical bodies. It is time for us all to do some end of the year self-care. Why? Self-care is a form of self-edification. When we are edified, we can edify others in return. So, I challenge you to set aside some time to assess the state of your wellness. How are you mentally? How are you physically? How are you spiritually?

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your
whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the
coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Thessalonians 5:23)

As you begin to focus on self-care, begin to ENVISION. Envision as it relates to your wellness. According to Google, to envision is to imagine as a future possibility. As it relates to your wellness, what do you desire - by the end of the first quarter in 2021? By the end of the second quarter in 2021? By the end of the third quarter in 2021? By the end of the year in 2021? BE REALISTIC. Setting goals today prepares you for success in the future. That is why it is so important to envision.

Do you want to be emotionally better than you are right now - minus overwhelming anxiety and debilitating depression?
Do you want to peacefully distance yourself from draining people and relationships that leave you depleted as opposed to uplifted?
Do you want to shed the excess pounds that you’ve gained since the pandemic?
Do you want to learn more about God’s way of doing things?
Do you want a closer relationship with the Most High God?
Do you want to change your diet in order to reduce inflammation and to be able to manage pain without being dependent upon prescription medication?

The list could go on and on, but I think you get the point. What do you desire? ENVISION it! I invite you to envision with me. I am setting goals for myself that I will re-evaluate at the end of the first quarter in 2021. An expected end starts with a plan. Write the vision. Make it plain!

The Lord gave me this answer: “Write down clearly on tablets what I reveal to you, so that it can be read at a glance. Put it in writing, because it is not yet time for it to come true. But the time is coming quickly, and what I show you will come true. It may seem slow in
coming, but wait for it; it will certainly take place, and it will not
be delayed.
Habakkuk 2:2-3 (Good News Translation)

                                Covenant Grace Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visits. I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Be blessed!