Translate

Friday, December 27, 2019

Re-formulate

Re-formulate 

     Now that you have reevaluated the past year, it is time to reformulate a plan of action. Reformulate, according to google, means to formulate again or differently. Simply put, you must, in some way, change your old way of doing things. You cannot expect change in 2020 while doing everything the exact same way you did it in 2019. Therefore, take your past plans and modify, revise, and tweak them until they are in line with your expected outcome. Sometimes, it may even be necessary to rip them apart and start anew.

And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. (Habakkuk 2:2)

1. Set realistic goals. 

Realistic
By February 2020, I’m going to lose 5 pounds by briskly walking for 30 minutes 3 times per week .

Unrealistic 
Starting New Year’s Day, I’m never going to miss a day of working out.


2. Set measurable goals. 

Measurable
I will reduce my caffeine consumption so that (by March 1st) I’m only drinking one caffeinated beverage daily.

Unmeasurable
I’m never going to drink caffeinated beverages again.

3. Prepare ahead for dealing with setbacks. 


     Anytime, you’re striving for success, understand that every day will not go according to your plan. You may stumble. You may fall. But, whatever you do, don’t give up. Instead of giving up and throwing in the towel - get up, brush yourself off and start again! 

Until next time, 
Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visits. I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Be blessed!