Translate

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Daniel Fast Chronicles

 
Prove thy servants, I beseech thee, ten days; and let them give us
pulse to eat, and water to drink.”
Daniel 1:12
 
“In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food,
o meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.” ——
Daniel 10:2,3
 
Hello !


Today, June 1st, is the day I started the Daniel Fast.  The Daniel Fast is a biblical based fast of eating only fruits, vegetables and drinking plenty of water.  According to the book of Daniel, Daniel fasted for 21 days.  The Daniel Fast is a spiritual journey that involves being in tune with God as well as refraining from dairy, meat and processed food.  


My goals for this fast are as follows:
  • Edify body, soul and spirit.
  • Establish and stick with some type of exercise.  (I always start and stop.)
  • Acquire an overall feeling of well-being, both mentally and physically.
  • Cleanse my body of toxins from processed foods.
  • Refrain from toxic people who so often deplete positive energy!

To find out more about the Daniel Fast and to see a food list of acceptable foods, click HERE and HERE.

6 comments:

  1. God bless your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Daniel fast is one that I do a few times a year. I always start my year off with a Daniel fast. It is a great way to get a spiritual breakthrough and cleanse your body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LV, I'm looking forward to the benefits. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. Hi Trinity!

    The Daniel Fast is a good fast and I know you will do well.

    It is always good to set goals for yourself and I am glad you shared those with us.

    All the best to you, hang in there and happy fasting.

    Take care,

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Evelyn, for your encouragement. Also, thanks for stopping by. Please continue to share those great salad recipes!

      Delete

I appreciate your visits. I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Be blessed!