Translate

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Meatless Monday #31

 
 
 
My Cheddar, Spinach and Tomato Panini
 
One of my favorite foods at Starbucks is their Roasted Mozzarella Panini.  It is so delicious with a cup of coffee, and it can be enjoyed at any time of the day.  For the longest, I had been planning to make my version of a Panini, and I finally did!  I did not roast my tomatoes, nor did I use Mozzarella.  Instead, I used sharp cheddar and sliced Roma tomatoes.  For the bread, I used Pepperidge Farm's Whole Grain Honey Wheat. 
 
 
 
 
Probably not necessary, but I slightly toasted my bread before adding the sliced tomatoes.
 
Then, I topped the tomatoes with fresh spinach and sprinkled it with Ms. Dash (table blend).
 
Afterwards, I placed the Panini in my George Foreman's grill for about 5 minutes - long enough for the spinach to wilt and the cheese to melt.

Yes - that piece of bread is considered the butt of the bread or the end piece.  Sometimes, I'm frugal like that. Eating the butt of the bread does not alter the taste one bit!
 
The next time I make this sandwich I will add chives and parsley.  Have you ever made your own Panini?  If so, what did you put on it?

10 comments:

  1. I've never made my own panini, but they always look so good. Your recipe is simple and yummy. My two must-haves when cooking. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meredith, it is VERY simple and yummy. One good thing about making it is knowing exactly what is in it and controlling the amount of preservatives. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I think I will come eat at your house! haha looks amazing!!! :) Have a wonderful week, sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome- anytime! Have a wonderful week, also.

      Delete
  3. Hey Trinity! The butt of the bread...too funny! I won't touch it, lol! My husband says the same thing(it doesn't alter the taste). He tells me I'm picky, lol! Roma tomatoes are my favorite! That does look yummy and easy and I agree with Meredith...my two must haves! Thanks for sharing! I'll have to make one soon, without the butt though, lol! Have a wonderful rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michell,
      It is so good to have you drop by tonight. I used to be the same way about the bread. But, now, as long as it is still fresh, I'll eat it. If you decide to make a Panini, I hope you enjoy it. Happy Sunday!

      Delete
  4. This looks delicious. I eat tomato sandwiches all the time especially in the summer but I never thought to make a panini like this and the spinach is an excellent touch. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Thanks for visiting me today also.
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Angel. I really enjoyed your post!

      Delete
  5. That panini looks delicious. Thank you for linking up to Traffic Jam Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thanks for visiting my blog.

      Delete

I appreciate your visits. I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Be blessed!