Black Jamaican Castor Oil Conditioner
I finally got around to trying out the Black Jamaican Castor Oil Conditioner by Okay Pure Naturals. As with the other Coconut, Honey and Shea Conditioners, it is pleasantly scented. The smell reminds me of a chewy, fruity Starburst taffy. I purchased a 12 ounce bottle from TJ Maxx for $6.99. Of the four Okay Pure Naturals I’ve tried so far, this one is my least favorite.
Now, for the review:
I will rate each category with one to five stars - with five being the best.
- Availability (**) I have only seen this conditioner at TJ Maxx. I’ve checked CVS, Walgreens and Wal-Mart - to no avail.
- Consistency (****) The Black Jamaican Castor Oil Conditioner has a medium thickness. However, it did not seem to spread as easily as the others. It did not give me the smoothness that I had grown accustomed to with the other conditioners. There was something about it that seemed to not be as moisturizing as the others.
- Cost (****) Compared to the others, the Black Jamaican Castor Oil Conditioner cost a dollar more at TJ Maxx - $6.99. While this is, not at all, a bad price for 12 ounces, I would have been very disappointed if I had paid the online price of $10.00.
- Scent (*****) Amazing! It smells like Starburst, and it makes your hair smell great. Initially, I thought this would be a problem. Sometimes, candy-like scents are very nauseating for me.
- Slip (**) I was very disappointed in the amount of slip. I expected the Black Jamaican Castor Oil Conditioner to provide equally as much slip as the Coconut, Honey, and Shea Conditioners. After all, it claims to have Black Jamaican Castor Oil as one of its ingredients.
So, there you have it - my review of the Black Jamaican Castor Oil Conditioner. If you would like to read my review of the Coconut, Honey, and Shea Conditioners, click here.