“Prove thy servants, I beseech thee, ten days; and let them give us
pulse to eat, and water to drink.”
“In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food,
o meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.” ——
Today, June 1st, is the day I started the Daniel Fast. The Daniel Fast is a biblical based fast of eating only fruits, vegetables and drinking plenty of water. According to the book of Daniel, Daniel fasted for 21 days. The Daniel Fast is a spiritual journey that involves being in tune with God as well as refraining from dairy, meat and processed food.
My goals for this fast are as follows:
- Edify body, soul and spirit.
- Establish and stick with some type of exercise. (I always start and stop.)
- Acquire an overall feeling of well-being, both mentally and physically.
- Cleanse my body of toxins from processed foods.
- Refrain from toxic people who so often deplete positive energy!
To find out more about the Daniel Fast and to see a food list of acceptable foods, click HERE and HERE.