That has been my word for this past week and will continue to be my word throughout the Daniel Fast.
Let thine eyes look right on, and let thine eyelids look straight before thee. Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established. Turn not to the right nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil.
- Caffeine, even a cup a day, is more addicting than I thought it to be.
- Adding extra virgin coconut oil to a dish adds delicious flavor. I added it to my oatmeal, and I was surprised at the flavor.
- The first couple of days were rough. I had very little energy and a weird headache (centered in one area of my head). I attributed it to not having my daily cup of coffee.
- Passing by Starbucks and not stopping was a challenge !!!
- I realized that so much sugar is added to foods. I have been reading labels - even more. Some canned fruits even have added sugar.
- I never realized how much discipline it requires to eat only fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- I really missed my whole grain bread. I had just started to eat Ezekiel bread. But, I couldn’t have it on the Daniel Fast - it contains yeast.😞
- I don’t drink cow’s milk, but I sure did miss my cheese and yogurt!
- I bought more fruits and vegetables than ever before.
- PREPARATION is the key to success on the Daniel Fast. I prepared salads ahead of time. I kept sunflower seeds, peanuts and popcorn in the pantry. I even stored smoothies in Mason Jars in the refrigerator!
Until next time, enjoy victorious living!