Guess who's been nominated for a Liebster?
I was nominated by Alison at Embrace the Struggle. Getting this news was surely a pleasant surprise for me. Thanks, Alison!
The Liebster Award is given to fellow bloggers with less than 200 followers who are forthcoming in the blogosphere.
So, this is how it works.
1. You must link back to the person that nominated you.
2. You must answer the 11 questions given to you by your nominator.
3. You must pick 11 bloggers, each with under 200 subscribers, to be nominated for the award.
4. You must come up with 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees.
I was asked by Alison to answer the following questions.
- What’s your guilty pleasure? My guilty pleasure is to enjoy a cup of Starbuck's coffee with a hot, glazed Krispy Kreme doughnut.
- You’re forced to choose between buying shoes and buying makeup. Which one wins? Buying makeup definitely wins. I enjoy going into stores like Sephora and Ulta just to try out the testers that are on display!
- Which skill, or set of skill, do you still want to master? I've always wanted to learn to sew. In my lifetime, I've probably spent a small fortune at the alteration shop.
- Which movie recently made you weep? It was Fireproof. Although not a very recent movie (2008), I did weep. I wept because of the restoration that occurred at the end of the movie. The restoration was evidence of God's miracle working power when our lives are as broken as the marriage in the movie.
- What tidbit about you would surprise most of your blog readers? In 2009, I survived a car wreck when the vehicle that I was riding in flipped over several times, landed up , facing the opposite direction. I walked out of the vehicle with a broken leg and had to have knee surgery. I am a living testimony of God's goodness!
- If I took away books and music from you, which would cause you to have withdrawal symptoms? This is a tough one! I like books and music. I guess I would have more withdrawals without books.
- What is a deal-breaker for you in friendships? DISHONESTY, friends who are not loyal, friends that take and never give. When I discover that someone that I'm close to really does not have my back the way I think they should - I rethink their friendship status!
- Planes, trains, and automobiles. Which is your preferred mode of transportation? Why? Planes -Traveling by air is definitely a faster form of transportation, especially for long distances.
- Who was your favorite musician when you were a teenager? I guess that would probably be Prince - back in the day.
- Which subject did you hate the most in school? History
And the nominees are.... (drumroll)
I think all of you are fabulous. You write in a way that definitely encourages me to return to your blog - again and again!!!
What is your favorite drink? What is your favorite food? If you could travel to any place in the world (all expenses paid), where would it be? If you knew you would be on a deserted island for a week, what two beauty products would you take along? If you could spend the day doing anything you wanted to do, what would it be? What is your dream car?
- Do you prefer to go to the movies, or do you prefer to wait until the movie is on DVD?
- Do you like your water icy cold or at room temperature?
- When it's cold, do you prefer an extra blanket or thick pajamas?
- Hot or cold cereal?
- Computer (online) or TV?
Linking up with Michell at Doing You WELL Wednesday!