Translate

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Do You Really Care?

If a person does not display love and respect when you are well and able, should you expect it from that person when you are down and out? Too often, we expect others to make unrealistic transformations during times of sickness or sadness - to show concern and lend a helping hand when we are unable to do for ourselves. We expect them to visit or share an encouraging word. How irrational!

If you care about someone or love someone, give them their flowers when they can appreciate them. Praise them when they are up. Don’t wait until something is wrong to show that you care.


Image'>http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=2664">Image: Stuart Miles / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Display the same love and compassion to others that you so desperately desire from others.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with this. I recently lost a friend and I sure wish I could have given her more flowers while she was here. The same applies for all the losses I've experienced. One of my main goals is to stop wasting time with people who are not adding value to my life and take more time to celebrate those who do!

    Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visits. I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Be blessed!