Translate

Monday, December 9, 2013

Meatless Monday #30

Vegetable Pot Pie #2


To make this vegetable pot pie, I lightly steamed some frozen vegetables.  After steaming the vegetables, I mixed them with a can of cream corn and a teaspoonful of Earth Balance (vegan margarine).



 
I, then, seasoned the vegetable mixture with seasoning salt, dill, and garlic powder.  I stirred the seasonings into the mixture and poured it into a pre-made pie crust.
 

Instead of covering the pie with another pie crust, I decided to cover it with cornbread mix that had been previously prepared.


 
 
I placed it into a preheated (350 degrees) oven for about 25 minutes.  Then, I turned the oven to broil until the top of the cornbread was golden brown.
 
 
After the pie cooled, I sliced it and enjoyed a wholesome dinner that was easy to prepare!
 

 
 
Adding a cornbread topping to this pie gave it a deliciously different taste.  To see another vegetable pot pie that I made (slightly different), CLICK HERE!!!

12 comments:

  1. Looks so delicious and of course healthy. I like cornbread so it is great to see it used as the topping. Have a great week Trinity Grace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cornbread gives the pot pie a different taste. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Looks so yummy, especially since it's so snowy here in Oklahoma. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meredith! This is the perfect meal for a cold day. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Hello! I'm newly following you on G+ via the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop!
    Looking forward to connecting with you!

    Leanne *hugs!*
    http://inspirationdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leanne,
      Good to meet you, and I glad you're following along. Have a terrific day!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! We haven't had a pot pie for a long time around here ... I think it is time to snuggle in and fill the house with that wonderful aroma! Here from DYW Wednesday... xoxo jules

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jules, it certainly does fill the house with a delicious aroma. If you decide to make it, please let me know how it turned out. Have a wonderful rest of the week. I'm so glad you stopped by today!

      Delete
  5. Hi Trinity! I'm stopping in from DYWW today. I was intrigued by your vegetable pot pie. I bet the corn bread topping was a nice twist on the traditional crust. I love corn bread. This would be fun to make as mini pot pies too. Then I could freeze them and have them ready to go for a quick lunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cornbread topping was a nice twist - and oh, so delicious! I must try making individual pot pies. Hmm! Pre-making them and then freezing them for later - what a great idea!

      Delete
  6. Wow, this looks so good! Pot pies are in my cooking bucket list because the seem so labor intensive but I see they may not be. And love the cornbread top. Thanks for linking with Total Fitness Tuesday! Hope you come back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This pot pie is so simple. You can add whatever you like - as little or as much. Thanks for hosting the link up, and I do plan to be apart of the linkup again!

      Delete

I appreciate your visits. I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Be blessed!