Translate

Monday, June 24, 2013

Meatless Monday #16

 
3 Beans Meal
 
Speckled Butter Beans, Butter Peas, Lentils 
 
To make this 3 Bean Meal, I sautéed chopped onions and celery along with green and orange Bell Peppers in about a tablespoon of coconut oil.  Afterwards, I put the onions, celery and Bell Pepper in my heated crockpot along with a teaspoon of curry, a half teaspoon of garlic powder, and about a half teaspoon of seasoning salt.  I , then, allowed this mixture to cook in the crockpot for about 30 minutes.  During that time, I rinsed my speckled butter beans and butter peas (similar to lima beans).  Then, I added them to the crockpot along with just enough water to cover the beans.  As this was cooking, I soaked a half cup of lentils for about 30 minutes.  After the butter beans and butter peas had cooked for 2 hours, I added the lentils and allowed them to cook for another hour.
 
 


I finished this meal with fresh tomatoes, rice topped with curried potatoes and carrots and cornbread.

4 comments:

  1. Healthy and looks so delicious victory! I love to cook with bell peppers. They have a great flavour. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! I like to eat them in salads also. They add so much color and flavor.

      Delete
  2. Girl, with those tomatoes, this whole thing looks just so amazing! Going to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashley! Those tomatoes were fresh from the farmer's market. They were so delicious!

      Delete

I appreciate your visits. I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Be blessed!