Translate

Monday, June 10, 2013

Meatless Monday #14


Last week, I really missed sharing a Meatless Monday idea. Because of internet problems, I was unable to share. So, today, I will be sharing a couple of Meatless Monday foods that I think you are sure to enjoy.

First of all, I tried a new brand of almond milk (Califia) that is, by far, the best I've ever tried. I purchased it from Earthfare. Although I have NEVER been a fan of cold cereals, I decided to try Nature's Path Organic Corn Flakes as a way to drink more almond milk. My stomach is VERY intolerant of dairy milk. The Califia Almond Milk paired with the Nature's Path Organic Corn Flakes was delicious! I topped the cereal with sliced bananas and peaches.
I bought the Vanilla Almond!






As I mentioned in an earlier post, smoothies are an excellent way to eat more fruits and vegetables. By way of blog hopping, I discovered an excellent way to enjoy smoothies during the summer months. (Sorry, I don't remember the blog! I know I should have written it down.) Anywho, I froze my smoothie in popscicle molds for a delicious, non-preservative frozen snack. I will be doing this again!

To make the smoothie, I pureed (fresh) bananas, diced cantaloupe, diced mango, diced peaches, and about a tablespoon of lime juice with a half cup of water.




4 comments:

  1. The frozen smoothies look amazing; perfect for this hot weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are perfect for the hot weather. They are also a healthy version of the usual frozen treat!

      Delete
  2. Hi Trinity,

    The brand of almond milk that you share is a new one for me. I'm sure it is quite tasty and I hope I can find this brand somewhere soon. :)

    Now the smoothie popscicle is a great idea for me to try with my daughter, since she want even drink a smoothie.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Take care,

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evelyn, this brand is the best I've had so far. I've even used it in cornbread. I hope your daughter likes the smoothie popsicle!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visits. I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Be blessed!