Translate

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Meatless Monday #36

Red Beans and Rice 
Boiled Corn on the Cob
 
 
 
This red beans and rice dish did not include any meat - just plenty of tasty seasonings!  I started off by sautéing chopped garlic and onions in olive oil on low heat.  Then, I added dark red beans into the mixture and seasoned with a pinch of celery salt and Tony's creole seasoning.  After allowing the flavor from the garlic and onions to marry with the beans, I added cooked brown rice and simmered on low for about thirty minutes.  I paired this dish with fresh boiled corn, but feel free to eat it with any other vegetable of your choice!  
 
 
Have you ever eaten the vegetarian version of red beans and rice?  If so, how did you prepare it?

10 comments:

  1. Hoping you have a wonderful, blessed week my sweet friend! Loving your blog as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good and satisfying. I am going meatless all this week and this gives me some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LV. Look forward to your sharing some of your ideas on your blog!

      Delete
  3. I haven't had red beans & rice in foreverrrr. That's a good looking plate of delicious you have there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yum Yucky. It was actually very delicious. I surprised myself with the taste!

      Delete
  4. I can't come here without leaving so HUNGRY! Everything looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Trinity!!! Missed you lady! Ooh, now this is a good Meatless Monday recipe to come back to...I LOVE Mexican food! Have a blessed week my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michell! Have a blessed week, also. Good to see you back!

      Delete

I appreciate your visits. I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Be blessed!