Sometimes, you have to encourage yourself. Perhaps, you are going through a real tough time in your life. You are angry, confused, depressed and/or frustrated. It seems the more you try, the tougher things become until you reach the point where you are about to throw your hands up and surrender to defeat. If you are at this point, I have GOOD NEWS for you today.
I'm reminded of the Old Testament story of David. Allow me to give you a quick recap of David.
- Before David was king, he was chosen by God and anointed by Samuel the prophet to become king.
- He killed Goliath.
- King Saul had jealous rages and tried to kill him on many occasions.
- The women during that day made things no better by publicly proclaiming, "Saul has killed his thousands, but David has killed tens of thousands."
So, today, I want you to know that it is time to end your pity-party! It has lasted long enough.
- Stop the pity-party.
- Seek guidance. (And, if God says so, then ...)
- Seize what is rightfully yours!
Be encouraged, and better yet - encourage someone else! Please know that you have been blessed to be a blessing!