Translate

Monday, December 31, 2012

Be Not Conformed !

( A Repost From 12-23-10)

Please understand that I AM NOT advocating eating at the places mentioned in this post.  I AM making a point!
 


Stop allowing the world to dictate how you should behave. As I was reflecting over the past year, I decided that I would let go of trying to conform to the images and ideas of mainstream America. No matter how hard I try, I will probably never be the super woman- mom - wife that the world portrays. I have spent too much time being frustrated , aggravated, disappointed and depressed all because my life does not measure up to my co-workers life, my classmates life, the life of someone that I read about, the life of someone that I heard about. I realize that I have put too much pressure on me trying to be the perfect this or the perfect that. I have come to realize that it's okay to strive for perfection . As a matter of fact, the bible admonishes us to press toward the mark...
However, we must understand that there is nothing wrong with us if we don't have dinner on the table at six.
There is nothing wrong with us if we don't look like Claire Huxtable or June Cleaver 24 hours a day-7 days a week.
There is nothing wrong with us if little Jessie or little Jenay don't look perfect all of the time.
There is nothing wrong with us if we can't bring home the bacon and fry it up in a pan. Please understand me - it's okay to bring home the bacon and let somebody else fry it up in a pan. That's why there is a McDonald's. That's why there's KFC. So, sistergirl, free yourself in 2013. Be the unique woman that God created you to be and be not conformed to this world.

4 comments:

  1. Hi
    Its really good to be here, very interesting post, but the concluding para points out or encourage, or tempt other to go to the place you mentioned,for ready reference let me quote it again 'There is nothing wrong with us if we can't bring home the bacon and fry it up in a pan. Please understand me - it's okay to bring home the bacon and let somebody else fry it up in a pan. That's why there is a McDonald's. That's why there's KFC. So, sistergirl, free yourself in 2013. Be the unique woman that God created you to be and be not conformed to this world." PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FOOD STUFFS AVAILABLE AT THESE PLACES ARE DANGEROUS, TAKE SOME TIME TO PREPARE/FRY IT UP AT HOME AND EAT :-) Pl. read this blog along more about the dangers of these stuffs available at these places. I fully agree to the last sentance BE NOT CONFORMED TO THIS WORLD.
    HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME AHEAD
    BEST REGARDS AND SESASON'S GREETINGS
    PHIL AND ANN

    Anns's Blog<
    Best

    PS: Pl remove the word verification from here, it will be easy to post comments. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apologize for any confusion or misunderstanding. I was not advocating any particular restaurant. I was only making a point. The point is - IF YOU NEED HELP WITH DOING ALL OF THE TASKS THAT ARE ON YOUR "TO DO LIST", IT IS OKAY TO GET HELP FROM AN OUSIDE SOURCE . THAT SOURCE MAY BE A RESTAURANT (OF YOUR CHOICE) OR WHATEVER OTHER SERVICE THAT CAN PROVIDE ASSISTANCE. Have a blessed 2013!

      Delete
  2. Haha...most definitely the Word for today...BE YOU! Thanks for sharing and thanks so much for sharing my button on your blog!! Have a blessed New Year!;-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visits. I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Be blessed!